To use the tools of Google Search Console,
suggestions for improving the visibility of your store, you need
to login or register here for free. The next steps are the following:
- Click on "Add property" in the upper left corner.
- Select URL prefix and paste your store URL (copy address from the
URL bar, which you get when you click on "Call store".
clicked. Example of URL prefix:
Insert your store name instead of "example".
- To confirm that you are the owner of the page, it is best to choose "Other confirmation methods". Select the "HTML tag" method and copy the tag provided.
- In your store go to "Appearance" ➔ "Code Snippets".
- In the following the function "Apply your code" should be activated and
the copied HTML tag should be pasted into "Code in header".
Afterwards click on "Save".Click "Confirm" on Google Search Console and you should receive a message that the authentication was successful. In Settings "Settings" ➔ "Ownership verification" you can check your used verification method.
Congratulations! Now that your store is connected, you can use all the features of Google Search Console. Just be aware that error reports etc. will be generated a few days after your registration, once Google has tracked your store for a few days.